Pokemon Battles&Trades
Join us!

Shaymin will move to OU or Uber

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shaymin will move to OU or Uber

Post by y0l3itches on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:38 pm

Have you guys seen the sky form? It has a max of 127 speed, which means it is faster then weavile. Besides aero, and dexoys, there aren't many other pokemon that are faster then Shaymin. Also they made 2 great improvements to this pokemon. The ability to fly is one of them, which means ground moves do 0 damage. Second is the biggest, it has Serene Grace. That flare seed everyone sees that gets spammed from shaymin, well that attack has a 40 percent chances of lowering your sdef by 2 stages, with this ability it has an 80 percent of lowering your sdef by 2 stages. Also it has Air Slash which is 60 percent of flinching the target. Nomatter how you cut it, give shaymin a sub, and it is faster and stronger then weavile and also with moves that can either lower your sdef with a 120 power move or flinch you with air slash... This pokemon might be moved to uber with its overpower much like how garchomp did...

Spoiler:

y0l3itches
Elite 4 - Champion
Elite 4 - Champion

Male
Number of posts : 766
Favourite Pokemon : Salamence
Favourite Type : Dragons
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Player Stats
Badges:
Friend Code: 4425-1841-5842

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shaymin will move to OU or Uber

Post by ant0_0 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:28 am

That will be used alot by people im considering using the sky form, before it gets uberd i just bred my chomop hen that got uberd it pissed me right off

Level me up http://www.pokeplushies.com/feed/824641

Admin's PokePet

speedo the level 50 Jolteon!
ant0_0
Elite 4 - Member
Elite 4 - Member

Male
Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Player Stats
Badges:
Friend Code: 1633-5655-0545

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaar on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:52 am

I played for a short while on shoddy when shaymin-s was first added to it, it is def a frail and amazing sweeper.

Ice shards completely shuts it down if you manage to keep your mamo or weavile alive till the very end when they often go for the hax sweep but baring that, or a bulky pokemon that can ohko without being haxed to death shaymin-s can easily dominate a team that is unprepared for it.

I haven't had the chance to try them personally on a shaymin-s since the team I used at the time relied on weavile taking a back seat to save my butt from dd dragons, gengar and shaymin-s, none of which could survive a choice band pursuit/ice shards, esp after stealth rock dmg. But i'd assume lucario and dragonite would be very effective counters being immune to flinches and resisting seed flare *which should allow for a ohko back*

metagross and scizor should also be very effective as they also resist skymins attacks and hit first with bullet punch *negating the flinch hax and dealing serious dmg to a very flimsy sweeper*

not to mention scarftran which outspeeds 130 base pokemon and hits like a truck killing skymin several times over and taking half dmg from flying and a quarter of the normal dmg from grass moves. This should allow it to take out skymin even from behind a sub.

Careful though, resisting seed flare means very little if you switch into a 2 stage special def drop, i'd imagine a stab after that will hurt (although I imagine tran would just laugh at skymin spamming seedflare on it).

I wouldn't be suprised if it becomes uber, it's speed is way up their with weavile, aero, deoxy-s, and jolteon and it's one heck of a special sweeper, that alone makes it powerful but when you add in serene grace on stab moves with a high flinch(30% so 60% total)/sp d drop (40% so 80% total) rate to begin with it can easily win games and hax a team to pieces.

You never know what they will do though, metagross, lucario, scizor, and heatran are extremely popular ou pokemon who counter shaymin-s so who knows. (not to mention lesser ou's like mamo weavile and dragonite)

I think part of the reason latias passed was because it lacked a good fire move *barring hidden power fire* and is walled well by the big steel threats that are pretty dominant right now *and blissy which counters it even with soul dew in ubers*.

so it's obvious the big steel threats countering something can def have an impact on it's standing...But latias doesn't have serene grace hax on his side which is one of the best abilities in the game if you have the right moves to go with it *which shymin def does*

bottomline, shaymin can def wipe you out if your not prepared, but the same can be said about a lot of ou sweepers, it at least feels more counterable then chomp ever did but getting haxed to death is never fun. X_X especially by a special threat with 127 speed.
Damaar

Male
Number of posts : 134
Favourite Pokemon : Charizard, Mew, Gengar, Dragonair, the Eeveelutions
Favourite Type : Fire & Ice
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Player Stats
Badges:
Friend Code: 3265-2285-4607

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by y0l3itches on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:49 pm

2 be honest, another hax pokemon became alot better since platiumn came out. Its jirachi, with iron head. I have flinched locked so many people with that pokemon, it even killed zapdos which is resist to steel moves because of its flinching... also shaymin can kill a blissy which is made as a special wall, as long as you have seed set up, you got nothing 2 worry about.

Spoiler:

y0l3itches
Elite 4 - Champion
Elite 4 - Champion

Male
Number of posts : 766
Favourite Pokemon : Salamence
Favourite Type : Dragons
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Player Stats
Badges:
Friend Code: 4425-1841-5842